The History Club of Sioux Falls
Since 1879 The History Club has been involved with and supported hundreds of community service projects in Sioux Falls, including:
- Co-creating the first public library.
- Consulting on the location and aesthetics of the Orpheum Theatre.
- Initiating the installation of the Japanese Gardens in Terrace Park.
- The Sioux River Greenway Trails.
The History Club, a nonprofit organization with a focus on community service, is a 501(c)(3) organization for tax purposes. It is located just blocks from downtown Sioux Falls.
Today The History Club continues to evolve with the changing times by:
- Maintaining, restoring, and preserving the corporation’s historic building.
- Maintaining its archives of women’s history collection for public use.
- Serving as a resource to the community.
- Developing and sponsoring community and volunteer programs.
- Providing informative programs at monthly meetings.
- Providing a place for the community to gather.
- Offering friendship, fellowship, and a sense of community to its members.
Ongoing Projects and Activities
- Annual scholarship for female University of Sioux Falls students.
- Volunteer reading program at Bowden Youth Center
- Tea Society
- Book club
- Yoga group
- Preservation of the clubhouse
- A variety of charitable and social activities..
The History Club is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization organized by an Executive Board.
Click the following links to download the History Club’s Organizational documents:
Articles of Incorporation
Rental rates and policies
History Club Brochure
Learn more about the impact the History Club has had on the Sioux Falls community since the 1870s!